Vendor Application and Market Guidelines
If you are interested in becoming a vendor for the Tuscarawas Valley Farmers Market’s 2013 season, we have provided a printable PDF form you can use by clicking the link below (be sure to “Save As” before you print the form. Or fill in the online form below the link and submit it to us. We will let you know when we receive your information. To read our guidelines click here.
Tuscarawas Valley Farmers Market 2013 Guidelines
Market Bio: TVFM is a producer-only market in its fifth season. The market is held at the Tuscarawas County Fairgrounds (entrance on Tuscarawas Street). The location offers ample parking, shade, electric, water, and restrooms. Vendor spaces are approximately 10’x10’. A limited number of permanent spaces under roof are available. We do our best to accommodate each vendor’s specific requests; however precedence is given to those who are at the Market full-time. The market is open every Wednesday from 3 -7 p.m., June through October, except during the week of the county fair (September 16-22, 2013). During inclement weather, indoor space is available.
The Tuscarawas Valley Farm Market management team (herein known as the “Market”) would like to invite the vendors that participate in this market to help it succeed based on what some would consider idealistic notions: Integrity and trust. With integrity and trust being the focus of market relationships, the Market wishes to keep our market guidelines to a minimum. Many markets have lengthy rules and regulations that are encumbered with awkward legalese, farm inspections, etc. which may have developed due to breaches in trust. The Market really does not want to go down that road! We are asking our vendors to help us build an authentic, producer-only market for the benefit of all who participate.
- Market hours are 3-7 PM. Vendors must be set up and have all vehicles removed by 2:45. Failure to do so could result in injury to our customers, and will not be tolerated. If you do not comply, you will be assigned to an end space if one is available, or you will be required to carry your products by hand to your vendor space if one is not. If you are consistently in violation, TVFM reserves the right to impose a fine or ask you to leave the market.
- The Market highly recommends that vendors carry liability insurance; however we are not requiring you to do so. Any vendor that does not carry liability insurance (and provide the Market with a copy) will be required to sign an indemnification form holding the Tuscarawas County Agricultural Society and the Tuscarawas Valley Farm Market harmless in the event of a legal action brought against the vendor.
- In order to clearly communicate with customers, all vendors agree to identify their farm/business name and location, and all selling prices are to be clearly marked on your items.
- The Market reserves the right to prohibit anyone from selling, or any product from being sold.
- Hazardous substances are not allowed on the Market site.
- The Market is not responsible for loss or damage to booth and/or products due to theft, weather conditions, etc.
- The Market does not guarantee vendor sales.
- All vendors are responsible for acquiring any permits or licenses that may be required by theagencies governing sale and manufacture of the products being sold. If you are unsure of potential licensing for your product, please contact Jennifer or Myra at the Tuscarawas County Health Department (330-343-5550 x.127) or Ohio Department of Agriculture, Food Safety Division (614-728-6250). The management team members are facilitators of this market and do not have the legal authority to interpret or enforce the guidelines or laws that apply to your products. In the interest of public safety, fairness and integrity, the Market has always and will always welcome regulatory agencies to the Market to ensure compliance.
- All vendors must provide advanced notice by phone (330-577-8836) or e-mail (email@example.com) if they are unable to attend a scheduled market day. Failure to do so may result in loss of assigned space, being charged for your reserved spot, or expulsion from the Market.
- No early sales are permitted. This is a safety issue, and will be enforced. You may not pre-bag an order for a customer, or allow a customer to pre-bag his or her own order, before 3:00 pm. Signs are posted to this effect throughout the Market, and you can refer customers to them if they request early sales. Failure to follow this guideline could result in a vendor being asked to leave the market.
- Vendors must stay for the entire duration of the market day, unless the Market decides to close early due to extenuating circumstances.
- As a local Farmer’s Market, all products must be grown/produced within 50 miles of Dover, Ohio unless special approval is gained from the Market.
- Any vendor selling food products (or plants that may become food) may choose to take part in the Ohio SNAP (food stamp) program. Please visit the Market information booth to sign up at no cost to you.
- Vendors should not move their vehicles in or out of the market area during market hours when such movement would pose a danger to the public.
Resale: This is a producer only market. Reselling in any form will not be tolerated. If you are not the author of a product, you may not sell it. Failure to comply may result in you no longer being permitted to sell at our market. This guideline is non-negotiable and will be enforced should we observe it in practice. Should you observe another vendor re-selling, please follow the process laid out in the Conflict Resolution section of these guidelines.
Vendor Space Fees: Vendors pay $10 per market day for each 10’x10’ space, plus an additional $2 per market day if they require electricity. Fees will be collected on each market day. All fees are used by the Market for advertising and promotion of the market.
Full Time Vendors are those who commit to being present at EVERY market day (with the exception of emergencies/illness). These vendors will have permanent booth locations.
Part Time Vendors are those who sell seasonal items or are unable to commit to every market day. Please indicate on the application your intended schedule for the market. We understand many part-time vendors have changes in schedule due to other obligation, please keep the Market informed of these adjustments. Your booth space location may be moved at times during the season.
Conflict Resolution: If at any time during the market season you have a concern about one of our vendors or their products, please see a member of the management team (usually the folks in the green shirts). Be sure that this is posed as a complaint, and not just a comment as we pass your vendor space. We ask that you bring all complaints to the management, not to other vendors. We will document and investigate each concern. Please note, however, that this will be done at the Market’s discretion and to our satisfaction. All complaints will remain anonymous.
Tuscarawas Valley Farm Market is designed to bring together families, neighbors, visitors and local food producers to create a sense of community and social gathering, enhancing our quality of life and strengthening our local economy.
We encourage a partnership between buyers and growers of local farm products that benefit consumers and producers. We strive to serve culturally and economically diverse populations, and to increase fresh, locally produced, nourishing and safe foods for all people including children, the elderly and families of all incomes.
Becoming a Vendor: Potential vendors must fill out & sign a vendor application if you agree to follow the Market guidelines; all applications will be reviewed by the Market and accepted vendors will receive written notification. Please retain these guidelines for your reference.
Send your completed application to the Market.
Mail: TVFM, PO Box 324, Dover, OH 44622
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-577-TVFM (330-577-8836) with any questions. Thank you for your interest in the Tuscarawas Valley Farm Market!